Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Maddonari 2008





As many of you know, I am a mentor to a young boy through Hospice of Santa Barbara's "I Have a Friend" program. In addition to how happy it makes me feel to give back, I also gain the benefit of doing really cool stuff that I have lost touch with as I have gotten older. I Maddonari falls into that category. I will never post pictures or the name of the child I mentor due to confidentiality reasons, but a lot of the cool stuff I get to do is with him.

On a sad note, just before the event, the legendary Father Virgil Cordano passed away the week of the event. I know Father Virgil as the priest who did the liturgy services at Marymount, my private elementary school. I am not Catholic, but found him to be a really inspirational person, able to balance spirituality and fun in a way that made him an icon to Santa Barbara. He will be missed.


No comments: